Friday, June 11, 2021

Pluto/astroboy

 I read Pluto first then the Astroboy arc it was based on. It’s amazing how much the creator of Pluto added depth to the characters and brought out the definition in the story. I rarely like sentimentality unless it’s done well, and this is the best example I can think of. MK NorthπŸ’” 

The mysterious villain is written very well and doesn’t fall into dumb tropes.(Much like the villain from “Monster” which I’m only one book into.)

A fun mix of scifi noir mystery and the value and meaning of humanity/human life through the lens of robot eyes.

Reading the original Astroboy story afterwards I found myself adding the backstory from Pluto, a unique and rewarding read. (Any Astroboy stuff gets a 10/10)


πŸ€–πŸ€–πŸ€–πŸ€–πŸ€–πŸ€–πŸ€–πŸ€–πŸ€–πŸ€–/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Habitat

Human evolutionary divergence in a time ship…  Simon Roy drawing Stone Age tribesfolk, futuristic supersoldiers, exoskeleton battle armor, a...